Friday, June 6, 2008

RIP My Ipod
8:00 PM

RIP My Ipod



I'm hating on this guy simply for his prepardness

So it happened. My ipod finally went out on me. And it wasn't Steve Jobs' fault. I was cleaning my bathroom, rocking some shorts that don't have pockets (stupid intumural basketball rules) so I had my baby in the lining of the shorts. I do it all the time. So as I lean over to clean the mirror, it slips out of my shorts & into the toilet

*gasp*

I immediately grabbed for it & cleaned it off. Shook it & everything & left it alone, it still seemed fine. HOWEVER, it was still on. Doing my research on what to do (the next day) I found out that I should've waited 48 hours AND turned it off. What an idiot I am. I put it inside a folded blanket & left it alone.

2 days later, all I get is the Apple logo. I think the dream is over. I began to reminisce about the times we shared.


  • How I ran up on Ca$h the day I got it & showed him Jay's "Show Me What You Got" video (which dropped the same day).
  • How I got yelled at by a MSgt the same night for walking around listening to it in uniform.
  • How when I went to Florida with my wife & her family & it got me through a 2 day drive when all they had to listen to was a gospel CD, a best of Stevie Wonder (full of Little Stevie Wonder; Innervisions/Talking Book/Music Of My Mind Stevie was NOT on this collection) & The Diary of Alicia Keys.

    How I miss you...moment of silence

    *plays Nas- Just A Moment in it's memory*

    Just A Moment (Instrumental - Nas

    *holds up Blackberry as a lighter substitute*

    so now what?? I have 3 choices.

    1. Fill my Blackberry up with music...not so much. I only have 2 gigs of memory on it & there's really no need to fill that up when 4.5 is about to drop & I'll be needing that space for EffecTV, plus its not the same. I hate when it cuts out for a phone calll (one more reason for me not to answer my phone)

    2. Buy another ipod...this is looking like the best choice. Amazon has the new 80 gigs for $188-$240, which I can kinda afford, but kinda not. But an ipod is a necessity, like groceries...see how much we've relied on technology?? it's scary...

    3. Buy a Zune...which i'm getting mixed reviews on, I hear they break easy and I hear they're great. I dig the larger screen & I can't stand itunes, it freezes up my computer. Plus Zune has that $15/unlimited downloads thingy, and since I don't download albums illegally anymore, that would be a great way for me to rebuild my music collection.

    Either way I'm dying without music, I used to be like Cleo from Set It Off, not going anywhere until I had the right track to put the Impala in reverse to. Send donations to the "Armond needs some music fund" to edoublef@gmail.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stick with the ipod, they ipod is just looks better. I'm not a fan of itunes, but I'm not a fan of WMA either. I'ma go for a ipod endorsment with this track I made for my guy anyway so if things go well I'll hook you up with a free one. I'm goin for a endorsement with Zune too so I might be able to hook up both.