Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The 30 Day Song Challenge: Day Four- A Song That Makes You Sad
5:24 PM

The 30 Day Song Challenge: Day Four- A Song That Makes You Sad



side note: I encourage you all to participate with me, by all means leave songs that make you miserable in the comments.

A Song That Makes Me Happy: Lori Perry- "Up Against The Wind"




While we're on the subject of Queen Latifah, this song is the soundtrack to the saddest scene in the history of modern cinema; the death of Cleo from Set It Off...

The only other song that comes close to this level of depression is Gary Jules- Mad World. While super depressing, doesn't touch the pain of Cleo's untimely demise.



Everytime I watch Set It Off, I always hope she fake stops the car & soon as the task force thinks they've got her, she drives off into the sunset. Nope. She GETS OUT THE CAR!!!!! GET BACK IN THE CAR CLEO!!!!!!!!! WHat were you gonna do against virtually an entire division of a police dept???

But on the flip, Lori's tune serves as a sample to a song that features my favorite Jay-Z verse..."Most Kingz"



So the song that makes me sad, ends up making me happy. Go figure.

0 comments: