Wednesday, January 23, 2013

State Of The Union: Kairos & Ketchup, Too
8:48 AM

State Of The Union: Kairos & Ketchup, Too

Happy New Year!!!

I hope this letter finds you all in good health, right mind & fresh perspective. Generally speaking, 2012 was an amazing journey for us all & 2013 is already off to a wild start. I spent much of last year in the Dojo; & I appreciate your patience & support during that time. Definitely know that this was not time wasted, matter fact let me no longer keep you all in the dark & let you know what's going on.

My team & I have been working on Kairos for nearly a year; but before I get to that, I wanna talk to you all about "Ketchup, Too". What is Ketchup, Too? It's a mixtape; a precursor to the album if you will (*Dusty Rhodes voice*) While Ketchup was a collection of my most "notable" songs, Ketchup, Too will serve as the opposite; as it will showcase records that people may have missed, because dropping 7 projects in 18 months will do that, lol. In addition to that, there WILL absolutely be new music on the tape. It will also be mixed by my DJ, DJ O Sharp, who has been more than a help while I was in the Dojo. FYI, he is a DEE JAY in every sense of the word so I told him I wanted it to feel like the mixtapes he & I grew up on; DJ Spinbad, Kid Capri, DJ Ron G, etc etc. so YES there will be cutting, scratching; as he will be showcasing his skills as a DJ. Will there be a DJ-less version of the mixtape? That's an oxymoron, so no. Lol.

Ketchup, Too will be available at armondwakeup.com at midnight February, 5th.


As for Kairos, I don't wanna talk too much about it, but I will say that the fundraiser was a success. We didn't reach the goal but we definitely will be able to finish the album. So thank you, I can't put my gratitude into words, so I'll just say good looking out, lol. The album is phenomenal; again, I'll talk more about it when it gets closer to release. But my team & I are ensuring that we create something that will minister to you & yours for generations. We don't wanna spend a year creating something that you scarf down & are hungry again after 20 minutes. We want Kairos to induce the itis, lol. I guess that's the best way I can describe it. You will definitely hear about Kairos sooner than later, and not rapper soon either. Like, for real seriously soon.

Love you all

Armond

0 comments: