Friday, November 28, 2008

I Look At You & See Me
10:25 PM

I Look At You & See Me

Have you ever been to a family reuinion, class reunion, or maybe returned to your hometown after a brief stint away?? Did you look @ those people & say "dang I used to be with yall like this??"

I know everytime I go & pick up my daughter & see people I went to high school with, I see them doing the same things, and I grieve & am thankful @ the same time.

I see where God delivered me from literally...

Recently I think about where my life wouldve been if I hadn't gotten saved, and joined the military. Right before I did both my family was in ruins, I was a sex crazed rapper with no direction. I honestly feel I'd have like 4 babies by 3 baby mamas or something...but I don't

The Lord has placed a few people in my life, some cats that have a lot of potential. Good hearted, good natured dudes. They're just in the world. I don't blame em or even get mad, honestly I understand. But I look @ both of them & think

If it wasn't for God, I'd be you

And that's no stab at them particularly. But I mean, I'd still be knee deep in those activities. Women, alcohol (even tho I didn't drink), parties, & the like. Just trying to find where I fit in this puzzle known as the world.

And God revealed to me that a lot of people don't understand my position, but they covet it. I'm 24, married, with a kid, my own everything, and I'm HAPPY. All day, I've been playing PS2 (only have one game for PS3 & I'm not in a baseball mood) just chillin.

I remember Friday nights & if I was stuck in the house, my world was ending...now if I go out on the weekend & I'm not back home by 11-12, there's a problem.

I guess @ my age I'm still supposed to be searching. It reminds me of some scripture

Matthew 6:25
 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?  28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I really think everybody needs to beat that into their heads...I remember when I was worried about God sending me a wife. Eventually I gave up & soon as I did, He gave her to me. Same goes for a lot of the things in my life. Just pray His will be done in your life & let errthing else go.

And on that note, back to Fight Night
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments: