Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Armond Performing LIVE with Eric Roberson February 3rd at Von Jazz!!!!!
11:15 PM

Armond Performing LIVE with Eric Roberson February 3rd at Von Jazz!!!!!



YUP!!!! You read that right!!! I'm opening for THEE Eric Roberson!!! At THEE venue I've been wanting to show out at since last year...check this story

So last year I was invited to perform at Von Jazz. They had an open mic, THEY invited ME to come out & participate. Always heard great things about the venue so I said sure. Get out there with my boy Cos. Cos knows all of the musicians, everything should be straight right??

WRONG...

One hour passes...TWO hours pass...my name isn't called. So I go to the lady I checked in with & inquire.

Her- "what are you performing?"
Me- "spoken word, & I want the band to back me up"
Her- "OK cool"

Another 45 minutes pass

I go talk to the guy who was running the show...

Him- "what are you performing"
Me- "spoken word & I want the band to back me up"
Him- "oh, no spoken word. just singers."

Word?? No spoken word at an open mic? I can understand no rappers, but no acapulco???

Then Cos goes up (who sings & plays several instruments) & they tell him no because they're running out of time & still had a few more acts to get up.

So later on that night, I was talking to God & I was like

Me- "God?"
God- "what up?"
Me- "I wanna perform at Von Jazz before the year is out" (this is December 2009)
God- "no doubt, I got you"

14 months later, I'm not doing an open mic........................

I'm on the bill. For ticket information, Click here.

For The Nina Mosley Experience, I did a verse to one of my favorite songs of his "Dealing", I'm gonna TRY & see if I can't perform it with him. Hit him up @IAmEricRoberson & tell him you want Armond to perform Dealing with him.

Dealing (Remix)


She


Softest Lips

0 comments: